Dr. Susan Cares
Who is Dr. Susan Birne-Stone
For over 30 years Dr. Susan has successfully worked in the mental health field in a variety of settings and roles, and has recently expanded her use of technology to reach a wider audience.
She is the producer and host of the TV program and podcast series “Your Voice With Dr. Susan”, an inspirational, motivational and educational talk style program featuring interviews with individuals and professionals on a variety of topics.
Get the help you need now
New York University, School of Social Work, New York NY
- Doctor of Philosophy
Ackerman Institute for Family Therapy, New York NY
- Certified Marriage and Family Therapist
Syracuse University, School of Social Work, Syracuse NY
- Master of Social Work
- Bachelor of Science
- National Association of Social Workers
- American Psychological Association
- Academy of Certified Social Workers
- Society for Media and Psychology & Technology (Division 46)
- Psychology Today
Get the help you need now
- How To Transition Into A Trump Presidency, BK Live BRIC TV, January 2017
- Discussing the 2016 Election at the Thanksgiving Dinner Table, BK Live BRIC TV, November 2016
- Child Development: The Healthy Child, Kappa Delta Pi Eta / Brooklyn Reading Council Annual Meeting, 2014 and 2015
- Portrayal of Psychology Across Media Forms, American Psychological Association Annual Conference, “Psychology in the Theater”, Orlando FL, August 2012
- How to talk to your child about traumatic events in the community, Department of Education Public School Parent Meetings
- Kingsborough Community College, Department of Behavioral Sciences
- New York University School of Social Work
- College of Staten Island
“Dr. Susan is an amazing dedicated therapist who will not sugar coat stuff for you but will make you face your problems head on so you can deal with everyday issues which you were struggling with. She changed my life in a short period of time She made me see and feel that I am strong and can handle more than I thought was possible.” -RS
“I’ve had the honor and privilege of working with Susan for many years. No one could have better helped me through the challenges and hurdles that I’ve faced, and I’ve been blessed to have her support and guidance.
Dr. Susan is most definitely not just a cookie cutter therapist. The work that must be done isn’t always easy, but she is willing to stand in the fire with you and stick by you. She is the perfect blend of smart and theoretical combined with practical and pragmatic.
Most importantly, Susan cares about her patients. That is abundantly clear in everything that she does. She has a beautiful, giving, kind heart. She has changed my life for the better and has been a blessing since the day that I met her.” – CT
“I tell all my friends that I have the best therapist. I am so different than I was last year. Looking back, Dr. Susan really helped me to treat myself better. Now I realize how I was hurting myself. She’s so cool- she really listens to me & I can tell her everything!” -17 year-old